Thursday, November 6, 2008

Start of a New Day!

I am starting my Balance this week. I am nervous about how this will work for me. I want this to work so that I have a better, heathler life. But I am extremely nervous that I will fail. I know I can lose the weight. I have before. I just feel with the Diabetes it is just a way larger climb than I have ever done. Will I be able to succeed? It is frustrating when my levels are off day to day, work out to work out. Sometimes I can't peg why my numbers are so off. Other days I have no idea why I am in the 400's or the 30's. I hate the constant flux. I hate the constant pricking of my fingers and needles. How many thousands of needles will I use in my life time? My son says that his dream in life is to find a cure for Diabetes. Only if all our dreams could come true. I want to live a healthy life so that my kids don't worry about me. I CAN DO THIS!

2 comments:

Kimberly Anne said...

Yes, you can do this! Keep your eye on the prize of getting off medication. Make your twice weekly appointments. Make your trainer your friend and ally. Work like your life depends on it--because it does.

Thanks for posting on the blog, please keep blogging!

Kimberly

Alana said...

You can do this, and remember not to focus on the scale or your weight. Just take it easy day by day, making the best food choices you can, and getting in your 2 exercise sessions per week. Let this become a habit for you, like brushing your teeth, so to speak. And you have all of us to support you in this process. There is no failure with any of this... it is simply one day at a time. Diabetes is a life-style disease, and because of that, it can often be reversed! This is good news, but you must give yourself at least a year. Exercise and good diet is something we all do for the rest of our lives. This is how all human beings must take care of themselves.

You can do this!
Alana